- Drug Discovery and Development
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Pharmaceutical Economics, Policy and Outcomes
- Clinical Research
- Pharm D/PhD
Costs & Aid
MS/PhD Costs & Aid
Cost of Study
For information on exact registration fees, see The University of Arizona Fee and Rate Schedule. (select "graduate, regular")
Student Health Insurance
The cost of student health insurance is $641 for the fall semester, and $1,019 for spring and summer. Please visit the Campus Health website for additional information about fees and insurance.
Graduate Assistantship Financial Support
Graduate assistantships are available to PhD students. There is limited funding for masters degree students.
Current assistantship funding
- Grad Assist I = $21,300 - First-year students (prorated to their start date in mid-August)
- Grad Assist II = $23,194 - Second-year student without prior masters degree
- Grad Assoc I = $23,767 - Second-year student with prior masters degree
- Grad Assoc II = $24,238 - After student passes comprehensive exams
Tuition is waived for students who are employed by The University of Arizona as research or teaching assistants. Graduate assistants will receive 100% remission of in-state registration fees paid. The College of Pharmacy requires that students who are on graduate assistantships must enroll for 13 units fall and spring semesters.
Health Insurance Individual health insurance coverage is included as a benefit to graduate assistants. Students must enroll for health insurance every semester through Student Link, in order to take advantage of this benefit.